Nielsen is a global research company providing the market standard in audience and consumer measurement. We have been a trusted leader in media measurement for over 90 years, and we currently study consumers in more than 100 countries!
The Nielsen Broadband Panel program was developed to assess Australia consumers’ Internet services and determine the status of broadband service performance across Australia.
They say knowledge is power! In fact, you're likely to know more about your connection than anyone else. By using the internet as you do every day, we invite you to make a difference and earn redeemable rewards points!
To ensure fair representation and accuracy in our data, we need to have equal coverage all over the country. If you fit our needs, we will send you a Whitebox at NO charge! All you need to do is plug it in and get tracking
Anyone in Australia can sign up. All you need is:
- subscription to fixed Internet service
- Some space next to your router for a Whitebox
Find out if you qualify for free enrollment here
The Whitebox measures a wide range of network and application-specific properties, including download speed, upload speed, video streaming, online gaming stability, latency, and packet loss, to name just a few.
We will not be able to view what you are “looking at” or viewing online, i.e. we won’t collect information about the content viewed by you. We will only collect the results of network testing. This does not include any packet data, which means no data is collected that reveals what websites you are looking at or the content of your down and uploads. We do not collect any of your private information, such as account passwords or banking information. As part of the contractual obligations, we are not permitted to share specific details with our client about our participants. In addition, our client will not seek to re-identify any de-identified information and, thereby, reveal the participants’ identities.
We combine the information that comes from our panelists with data and research tools from other sources. We use this information to perform research and to prepare reports and analyses.
Your demographic information allows us to analyse and report trends amongst particular demographic groups. None of your personal information or individual usage information will be shared with third parties, but rather, your usage behaviour data is combined with that of thousands of other panellists like you to provide aggregated insights to our clients. We care about your privacy.
Joining the Nielsen Broadband Panel won't cost you a thing and we will never ask for your credit card details. We thank you for your participation by offering rewards which can be redeemed for gift vouchers.
We're sorry to see you go! Your participation in our research is at your discretion, should you ever decide to stop participating, you may contact our helpdesk via our website by clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of the page. If you have already received the Whitebox, you must also return it to complete the opt-out process.
The Whitebox is a dedicated device for measuring your internet performance. The Whitebox does not directly improve your internet. It provides you with the data to help you improve your internet performance.
No, the Whitebox does not directly improve your internet.
The Whitebox is…
- capable of highly accurate internet performance tests available
- a trusted measurement unit that you can use to track your home internet performance, so you can be confident that you are getting the service you expect
- A specially developed Test Kit, which is used by internet service providers and government regulators
The Whitebox is NOT…
- a way to improve your internet speed or performance by itself
- a replacement for your router and/or modem
- a replacement for any other Wi-Fi access points in your home
- a smart meter for energy and gas usage.
No, the Whitebox should never interfere with your enjoyment of the internet! The Whitebox only runs tests when you're not online, or are using the internet at such a low level that running the tests won't make an impact. We'll hold off until you've finished that box office movie!
To test your broadband performance, the Whitebox uses some of your bandwidth while you’re not using the internet and its data usage really depends on the test schedule your Whitebox is running. If you’re concerned your Whitebox is using too much data – particularly if you have data caps on your home broadband service – we will be happy to assist you.
It is a tool for you to test your internet connection, whether at home or out and about - so your WiFi and 3G/4G data.
To thank you for being an active member of the Nielsen Broadband Panel, we offer you a points-based reward system. As long as you stay active, you will accumulate points which can be redeemed for gift vouchers from Coles, Woolworths, JB Hi-Fi, Myer, David Jones, Kmart, Caltex and many other stores (subject to availability). Just log into your Profile, go to Rewards to select the voucher you want to redeem. You will need to have at least 300 points before you start redeeming!
By joining this panel you have the chance to be rewarded for:
- Installation of device and app
- Monthly incentives for being an active member of the Broadband Panel
- Entry to be the lucky winner of AUD 1000 in the monthly raffle just by being active, complete surveys for extra entries!
- The device first connect for more than 15 calendar days before the raffle date. User set will be finalised on 27th of every month - Where First log is received before 12th of that month
- Device connected and sent data log for at least 10 days in the respective month
- One entry for each active panelist per month
- One additional entry for each survey response completed on or before 25th of the respective month. If survey response was completed after 25th of the respective month, the additional entry will be applied for the next calendar month
Method: Randomly computer generated
Frequency: Every month
Raffle date: Every month- Starting from 27th Aug 2020
Number of winners: 2 panellists
Amount: AUD 1000 for each panellist (i.e. 10000 points)
Redemption: 10000 points will be added in the account (nbn-nielsenpanel.com) for both the panelist. Panelist can place a redemption request as per the availability of the vouchers
- Repeated winnings are allowed
- The Prize is not transferable, assignable or refundable and cannot be substituted for cash
Winning panelists will be notified via the registered email address. First name and state will be displayed on the website and newsletter as well for the rest of the panel members.
Your chances of winning the raffles are based on the total number of valid entries that we receive each month. You receive entries by simply being active on the Nielsen Broadband Panel and completing the survey! We have 2 winners each month, and both will get an AUD 1,000 e-voucher!
Our support team will be happy to assist you. You may contact our helpdesk via our website by clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can call us at 1800-334-440.